The group was formed in 2016 and has an increasing membership of keen and new botanists.
The aims of the group are to:
- Provide an interest in, and enjoyment of, all aspects of flora, within and beyond the Durham Wildlife Trust area.
- Develop and share botanical knowledge and understanding
- Continually improve identification, survey and recording skills.
- Contribute to conservation through field visits, surveys and recording.
- Encourage and support young people to learn about and enjoy wild plants.
- Support the wider aims and activities of Durham Wildlife Trust.
See the latest botany group report here
It’s not just plants we record but also:
- And anything else we come across
Grasses and sedges too hard?
Come along to one of our our training sessions.
See Durham’s varied and wonderful countryside whilst looking for flora.
Help us record the counties varied flora and monitor some of its specialities.
Follow our local group on Facebook.
Visit the BSBI County Durham for botanists page.
Some of the content available will be:
- Reports on all our past outings including species lists
- Notes and photographs of Durham’s best and more interesting plants
- Updates on our various projects such as the BSBI Atlas 2020 and the A19 Surveys.