Blaydon NE21 5LT
‘The Quick and Easy Introduction to Bird watching‘
This short, intensive but ‘fun’, course is aimed at the ‘less experienced’ birdwatcher, the absolute beginner or those who just want a ‘bit of a refresher’.
Over the day, the Tutor, Keith Bowey, will cover a range of topics and techniques that should help you to better enjoy and understand bird watching. The day will include a number of ‘classroom’ sessions, complemented by short bird watching field trips to nearby Shibdon Pond Nature Reserve.
Specific subjects to be covered include:
- What is bird watching, what is a birdwatcher?
- Using and choosing binoculars, and other equipment.
- What makes a bird ‘a bird’?
- An introduction to the main bird groups, and, of course…
- Ways to identify the birds you see!
This course is part of the Geology & Wildlife Surveyors Project delivered through the Land of Oak & Iron, funded by Heritage Lottery Fund.