We love exploring wild places such as the fantastic butterfly meadows at Low Barns, the woods at Rainton Meadows, the rocky shore habitat at the coast or the wild areas of your own school grounds.
Where ever you are there is always somewhere to have a wonderful adventure with nature.
Begin your class wild outdoor adventures with Durham Wildlife Trust today!
£5 per child for a full day
£3 per child for a half day
Adventure Schools will receive:
- A wild day out at either Rainton Meadows Nature Reserve, Low Barns Nature Reserve or at your school with activities linked to the national curriculum delivered by our experienced Education Team
- 10% Discount on second education visits and class conservation activities booked to take part the same year
- Opportunities to win free visits from Durham Wildlife Trust Project Officers
- Access to our online Education Pack with resources and activity ideas to support Living Things and their Environment program of study
- School Certificate to celebrate your outdoor adventures
- Access to a fundraising pack so your school can raise money to support local nature conservation projects
Follow the link to see a range of our Adventure School sessions on offer:
Quotes from teachers:
“An enjoyable and informative visit for all! Thank you to all the staff for their friendly approach to passing on their knowledge and experience.” The Rydal Academy
“All staff were friendly and very professional whilst eager to interact with the children. Will definitely be back next year!” East Herrington Primary Academy